Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness **Day 5**

DAY 5 - WAKING UP

I'm in a mood today.  A bad one.  I have lots of things I know I should be thankful for but, honestly, I'm struggling.  Dare I say I'm really pissed off??  I need to focus on the fact that I woke up and started a new day. I know these days for my dad, in particular, are coming to an end sometime soon.  
What's on my mind?  First of all, Josh took a job that puts him past Atlanta (4+ hours away) so I basically have no car and NO help...again...for at least three weeks.  No consulting me.  No discussion.  Nothing.  Just poof I'm taking a new job.  Not even better pay.  Who the hell does that with a family?!?! 

So there's that.  Coupled with the phase an almost 2 year old hits.  Natalie has mentioned it about her first son going through them early and they have definitely hit the Branham household with a vengeance.  I think I hear "no" 462,893 times per day.  And "mine?"  That's fun.  

My daughter has discovered her voice.  Or, I guess I should say her shreak.  And shrill.  And scream.  All fun stuff.

I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  I did still wake up and I need to be thankful for that.  I must remember that. 

1 comment:

  1. Awe, the terrible two's! Gotta love 'em! I always say Brody's cuteness is often his only saving grace lately when he is throwing one of his fits. I actually didn't go through much of it with Evan. I have a theory that it is worse on a child who has a sibling because they are struggling with both wanting independence but not wanting to share (the attention of their parents, their stuff, etc.). I don't think it matters whether the siblings are older or younger. My niece, Cate, has the "no" and "mines" really bad because she's the youngest of 4 and really has to "fight" for attention with all her siblings. So your poor little guy probably has a bad case because even though he's the oldest, he's already having to learn to share with little sister. It is just a small price to pay for the joys of sibling love, and it too shall pass all too quickly. They really do just grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete