Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Get to know me a little

I figured I'd answer some silly questions so hopefully you can get to know me a little better. 

NICKNAMES: None.  PLEASE don't ever call me Val
BIRTHDAY: April 7th
BORN IN: Winnsboro, South Carolina
PETS: Two dogs: Dewey and Gertrude.  Two cats:  Izzie and Roxie
HOBBIES: Scuba diving, cooking, reading, shopping (I'm obsessed with smocked clothes for Oliver)
DISLIKES: Talking behind my back, liars, people who are inconsiderate, being talked down to
FAVE ACTORS: Matt Bomer.  Seriously, why am I drawing a blank on this one??  I know there are others
FAVORITE MUSIC: Zac Brown Band...I'd pretty much follow them anywhere if I had the resources
FAVORITE BOOKS: Love a good mystery.  Or a classic.  The Great Gatsby is my all time favorite.  Also love Patricia Cornwell (the old stuff).  I have a Master's in Library Science so reading has always been something I enjoy
FAVORITE CANDY: I guess Snickers, although I'm not a huge sweets fan
FAVORITE COLORS: Purple
FAVORITE FLOWER: Gerber Daisy
FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, Greek, Italian
FAVORITE QUOTE:  Lord, help me be the person my dog thinks I am
FAVORITE MOVIES: This is far too difficult to narrow down.  Chicago, Finding Nemo, anything by Clint Eastwood, Chasing Amy
FAVORITE TV SHOWS: Same as movies, I love me some tv.  White Collar, Glee, Big Brother, Real Housewives of anywhere, Dexter, Once Upon a Time....seriously, I love tv

THREE THINGS I'D LIKE TO LEARN
1. A foreign language
2. How to make children's clothes (see my obsession with smocked)
3. How to be more responsible with money

THREE THINGS THAT AREN'T SO GREAT ABOUT ME
1. I'm extremely impatient
2. I have a really bad temper
3. I am quick to write someone off

THREE THINGS ON MY DESK
1. Computer monitor
2. iPhone
3. Diet Coke

THREE WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY
1. Introverted
2. Loyal
3. Judgmental (yes, I realize those are contradictions...if you're my friend, you're my friend for life.  However, I will totally comment on how slutty someone is dressed in the right company)

THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE
1. Lithuanian
2. German
3. American Indian
(all very little parts, I have no real identity)

THREE RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I took Swahili in college
2. I eat Snickers weird apparently (the bottom first then the top)
3. I want so much to be a better person

THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO VISIT
1. Africa
2. Australia
3. India
4.  Europe
5.  New Zealand
Okay so I want to travel more than almost anything.  Hopefully one day I will have the means to accomplish that

Well I hope this gives you a little idea of me.  I know I am so much more than the sum of these things but at least it's a start.  Have a good Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea snicker's had a bottom! But then again, I've been told it's weird I like scrambled eggs with ketchup, so who knows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I think I may have been guilty of typing Val on here! Please please please don't hate me! Haha!

    ReplyDelete