Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Still here

I'm still here.  I know it probably seems like I've dropped off the planet lately.  Between the holiday weekend and losing my GMA, I just haven't felt much like blogging or talking about anything.  My GMA is being buried tomorrow which means I miss her funeral.  The only grandparent I have left in the world and I don't even get to say goodbye to her.  So yeah, there's that.  That's not something that can be done over and I don't know how I'll ever be able to move past that. 

Anyway, we took Oliver to the pool and lake for the first time this past weekend and I think the jury is still out on both of them.  He fell asleep in the pool and screamed at the lake.  Hopefully he'll learn to love water like his mama.



Oliver's friend Jackson is 5 weeks younger than him and I'm thinking Oliver may be a bit of a behemoth compared to Jackson.  Oliver wanted to eat Jackson's clothes and I don't think that went over so well.


The relationship between these two has blossomed in the past few weeks and it is just so sweet to watch.  She gets that he's someone else to pet her.  Dewey?  Nope, not so much.  He's still scared of Oliver. 


This weekend was spent mostly in bathing suits and sporting mohawks.  I could squeal with delight that it seems like every day that passes, his hair gets lighter and lighter.  It's such a small thing but him being a towhead with those big blue eyes is swoon-worthy.   



Baby boy spent the entire weekend in a bad mood so he was a little under the weather (hence why he slept in his Rock N Play).  I was one tired and upset mama by Sunday night.  I feel like such a failure, let me tell you.  He also discovered how to scream at the top of his lungs so that's been fun. 


He did find the time to really discover his feet.  Apparently these things are the best toys ever invented.  Well, besides Sophie.


I know this is all such riveting stuff today so sorry for the picture dump.  I'm having a really difficult time lately and I'm really hoping I can snap out of it soon.  Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and your short week is starting off right!

Big thanks to JCC for taking care of Oliver twice for me this weekend.  Seriously, I'm not sure I'd still be sane if she wasn't around.  No, I know I wouldn't be sane if she weren't here. 

4 comments:

  1. It gets better, I promise. Then there will be other things to stress over, like potty training, and shoe-tying. We can muddle through together! Thinking of you--Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, again! I'm so sorry you've been in a "funk" and that you lost your precious GMA! I know how you feel. I know you are dreading missing her funeral, but just remember, that is not her anymore. She is not in the body now so your goodbyes do not have to be said at her funeral. She is watching over you and Oliver and loves you dearly I'm sure. And oh my goodness, that shark swim hat thing is so so so cute. My Brody has some shark swim trunks and this would look too cute with them. Hope Oliver starts loving the water soon although mine loves it a little too much and is not afraid of anything involving water...he's a little too daring right now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fantastic mom. Oliver is lucky to have you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a blonde I always wanted blonde kids. But I married a man with dark, dark hair so there was no genetic chance at that. Oliver's hair is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete