Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Humpday Randoms

You know what sucks? Seizures.

You know what sucks more?? A stepdad who won't take his seizure meds so he has them at a moments notice. Stubborn ass. I'm sitting in the er waiting room as I type this.

We bought Oliver his first pair of shoes today. I had to bite my cheeks and choke back tears for some reason. I feel like shoes just solidify that he's almost a little boy. Seriously, they look so cute on him.

Josh is gone for training until the 26th. I'm really starting to miss him. He left last Monday and I'm definitely wanting my husband home.

Am I just fatter or is being pregnant the second time very different than the first??

What should I be when I grow up?

Oliver is going to daycare twice a week starting next week. Judge me if you must. He needs friends to play with. For reals.

I've heard so many things about the movie Argo. Anybody seen it yet?

Would it be crazy to do two Halloween costumes for Oliver?

I hope everyone is having a good week so far!!!



5 comments:

  1. So sorry about your stepdad. Hope he gets better soon! And yes, that first pair of shoes does seem like such a big deal...just wait until he starts running in them and you can't catch him! Ha! And every pregnancy is different so cheer up. You can worry about the weight after the baby is born (and give yourself a few months after that). Just enjoy the joy of being pregnant! Daycare and preschool is great for kids -- no need to feel guilty! Brody wore two costumes last year...a monkey that was his big brother's and then a parrot because he was big brother the pirate's pet parrot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valerie! I am so behind on my commenting. I have read every single post you have written and I've commented in my head, I just haven't been able to get it down on here for you to read (I assume you are not a mind reader). I was so busy over the weekend and then just so tired since then. Sorry.

    Your post about pregnancy and infant loss was very touching. I'm so sorry you never got to be a big sister. Her tiny footprints are so amazing to look at.

    Can you believe our babies are 10 months? 2 more months until they are 1. Eeek!

    That sucks about your stepdad and his seizures. Missing seizure medication (or weaning from it too quickly) can actually cause seizures. I'm sure his doctor has explained this to him. I hope he can get on a good schedule.

    I hope you are feeling better. Being sick and pregnant is the worst. I got really, really sick right after I got pregnant with Spencer. I can still remember just how much I wanted to die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy looks good on you. And two costumes are totally necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu really do make me laugh. :) Love the randomness and I feel the same. My mind feels like its going in ALL directions. Hope your stepdad starts taking his meds... And I say to buy 3 costumes if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the meds thing, I have a few stubborn loved ones too who refuse to take theirs :(
    I am enjoying your posts, count me as a new follower. If you have time, I invite you to stop by my blog and follow if you find it interesting of course.

    www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com
    Abi K

    ReplyDelete