So here I am, listening to Oliver cry it out for his much needed nap, wondering where in the hell did my easy going, goes to sleep very quickly baby go?
Let me back up and say that I am so appreciative that I'm able to be around him more than previous months. I have just found out a few things since staying at home.
1. Staying at home is hard. Very, very hard.
2. I get now why some rich moms hire a nanny to watch the kids while they do whatever. Seriously, watching an infant while doing laundry is damn near impossible. No more judgment from me!!
3. There is nothing better after a really bad day than handing the baby over to someone else.
4. Where does all this laundry come from????
5. When did the animals start crying for food too?
Don't get me wrong, would I want to be where I was a month ago? Absolutely NOT. In fact, I haven't had a headache since I left my previous employer. Also, when I went for my first appointment last Thursday my blood pressure was normal. It hasn't been normal since the end of my pregnancy with Oliver.
I need to learn how to strike a balance. I really think I need to meet some other mommies in the area. Being home, day in and day out is not for me. That much I do know for sure. I think my plan is to stay home until next summer then start looking into teaching jobs in the area. Guess only time will tell on this one though.
Even though he makes me completely insane sometimes, this crazy haired and dirty faced baby makes me laugh at least 100 times a day.
And, y'all want to hear a funny story? Yesterday I was making pancakes, clothed of course, and as I went to flip a pancake, the butter in the pan splattered on my shirt. Guess either that butter was really freaking hot or my maternity tank top was a little light in fabric. Nonetheless, I managed to do this to myself...